Typhoid Fever in Africa
- WHO- Typhoid Fever Factsheet
This page provides links to descriptions of activities, reports, news and events, as well as contacts and cooperating partners in the various WHO programmes and offices working on this topic. Also shown are links to related web sites and topics.
- CDC- Typhoid Fever Disease Information
General information, precautions and treatment by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- The Merck Manual- Typhoid Fever
Includes cause, prevention, treatment, and diagnosis.
- eMedicine- Typhoid Fever (article)
Clinical article about the disease by Roberto Corales of the Community Health Network.
- Tropical Medicine Central Resource- Chapter 15: Typhoid and Paratyphoid Fever; Salmonella Infections
This site links to Chapter 15 of a 1700 page, 2 volume textbook: "The Imaging of Tropical Diseases, with Epidemiological, Pathological and Clinical Corrilation". This richly-illustrated online textbook chapter provides clear and extensive information on Typhoid fever and similar infections for the medical professional.
- Typhoid Mary Mallon
Biography of the most famous carrier of the disease.
- Typhoid Fever Vaccines- Medical College of Wisconsin
Information and recommendations for travelers about Typhoid Vaccines.
- BBC news- Typhoid fever
Informational article also provides links to current news about the disease.
- eMedicine- Salmonellosis (article)
Article with clinical information on varieties of salmonellosis by Michael Zapor of the Walter Reed Army Medical Center.