Hookworm in Africa
- CDC- Hookworm Information
Provides information about the parasite, its life cycle, geographic distribution, diagnosis, and treatment.
- WHO- Public health education slides- hookworm
Materials produced by WHO for education programs in Congo. Slides in English and French.
- Hookworm Vaccine Initiative
Site provides information and background on the Sabin Vaccine Institute's Hookworm Vaccine Initiative.
- eMedicine article- Hookworm Infection
Article by Reza Keshavarz, MD, MPH,of the Departments of Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, provides clinical information about Hookworm infection.
- Cambridge University- Necator americanus and Ancylostoma Duodenale (The Human Hookworms)
Nematode Parasitic Infections Helminthology and General Parasitology Pages provided by Cambridge University Schistosome Research Group.
- Tropical Medicine Central Resource- Chapter 12 Ancylostomiasis (Hookworm Disease)
This site links to chapter 12 of a 1700 page, 2 volume textbook "The Imaging of Tropical Diseases, with Epidemiological, Pathological and Clinical Corrilation". This richly-illustrated online textbook chapter provides clear and extensive information on the complications of hookworm for various tropical populations.
- Merck Manual- Hookworm Infection
This entry provides basic information about the disease.
- Article, New England Journal of Medicine- Hookworm Infections
This article from 2004 provides information on hookworm infection pathophysiology, diagnosis, epidemiology, treatment and prospects for control.
- Web Atlas of Medical Parasitology- Hookworms
Web Atlas of Medical Parasitology aims to provide educational materials for medical students and professionals in medical or paramedical fields. Database contains information on the morphology, life cycle, geographical distribution, symptoms, and prevention of hookworms.
- Annual Report (PDF), 2002-2003- The Human Hookworm Vaccine Initiative
Annual report of the Sabin Vaccine Institute.
- Article, Journal of Nutrition- Malaria, hookworm and anemia in Zanzibari children
This article from 2000 is entitled: "Malaria, Hookworms and Recent Fever Are Related to Anemia and Iron Status Indicators in 0- to 5-y Old Zanzibari Children and These Relationships Change with Age"
- Article (PDF), Journal, Indian Academy of Clinical Medicine, 2003- Parasitic Infestation and Anaemia, Lesotho
This study evaluates the effect of parasitic infestation on haemoglobin levels in patients attending Tebellong Hospital, Lesotho and examines the relationship between parasitic infestation and anaemia.
- Graphic Images- Ancylostoma and Necator (hookworms)
This site of Ohio State University provides basic information and images of hookworm adults and eggs.