Job: SAfAIDS Country Representative - Zambia, 10/10
Vacancy: SAfAIDS Country Representative - Zambia
Southern Africa HIV and AIDS Information Dissemination Service (SAfAIDS) is a regional
NGO based in Pretoria, South Africa, with country offices in Mozambique, Zambia and
Zimbabwe. The organisation's mission is to promote effective and ethical development
responses to the epidemic and its impact through HIV/AIDS knowledge management, capacity
development, advocacy, policy analysis and documentation. SAfAIDS is looking for a highly
skilled, and experienced professional to head SAfAIDS programmes in Zambia.
This post requires an individual capable of providing high level representation of
SAfAIDS in Zambia and regionally, able to work at both strategic and operational levels.
Candidates must be highly goal, output-oriented and self-motivated. They must be hard
working, flexible, able to work under pressure as individuals or as part of a team and
must have an interest and commitment to work in the area of HIV and AIDS.
Interested candidates should have:
- Master's Degree or higher in Social sciences, Health Education or similar field
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in a senior leadership position
- Above average knowledge and experience in managing current HIV or reproductive
health programs/services (project identification, planning, design, implementation,
monitoring & evaluation)
- Proven track record in resource mobilization, including grant proposal development
- Ability to develop strategic plans
- Excellent report writing skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences including donor
representatives, implementing partners, government officials, consultants, community
leaders and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership in partnership building
- Experience in dealing with NGO governance issues
- Financial literacy and ability to maintain fiscal accountability
- Ability to manage and supervise staff
- Experience in information material development would be a distinct advantage.
SAfAIDS is an equal opportunity employer: People living with HIV are encouraged to
We offer the right person an exciting opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to
responses to the HIV epidemic in the region, competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested applicants should send an application and CV, information on current salary, benefits and contact details of three referees to: The Executive Director, SAfAIDS, 479 Sappers Contour, Lynwood Pretoria 0081, South Africa, or e-mail to email@example.com by 15 September 2010.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Page Editor: Ali B. Ali-Dinar, Ph.D.